- East Coast, U.S.
- commensurate w/experience: 5 to 7 years in promotional medical education and or medical communications. Roughly $100K to $120K in base
Agency is roughly 13 years old privately held Medcomm. Company has a great collegial atmosphere with very low turnover.
In a client management-focused role on his/her account team, the Account Supervisor provides strategic and day to day client direction; team leadership, quality assurance and financial responsibility to ensure all project elements are implemented according to objectives, specifications, on schedule and on budget.
The Account Supervisor is responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of client project elements including client communications, proposals, financial tracking and budgeting, project and timeline management, coordinating account team activities, maintaining status reports, communicating with team members, internal departments (including scientific, meetings and creative services) clients, faculty and vendors.
- Account Management
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple, complex, high-volume projects simultaneously
- Work with Account Group Supervisor, Client Service Director or V.P., Client Services to manage client expectations by assessing client needs effectively and demonstrating a clear understanding of issue and possible solutions
- Maintain current understanding of all aspects of multiple projects; proactively manage all phases of projects
- Implement and facilitate the processes and procedures necessary to manage projects effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of client marketing, publication and education issues
- Proactively provide insight and concepts with regard to proposal and account development
- Demonstrate an understanding of the clinical development process and how this can be impacted by strategic communication planning
- Manage proposal development process by utilizing budget information from all relevant departments to generate project budgets
- Develop a keen sense of client needs and strategic goals
- Seek, extend, and expand client relationships and opportunities within assigned business by anticipating client needs, developing solutions, and implementing programs
- Foster strong relations with team members and clients
- Demonstrate understanding of therapeutic area(s) and product(s) relative to client assignment(s)
- Communicate with client in an appropriate, professional and timely manner and help to manage issues while acting in the best interest of the Client Services team
- Attend and participate in client meetings
Financial and Status Reporting
- Demonstrate an understanding of the financial implications of account management and understand the subsequent impact of any changes in project specifications
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the project budgeting process. Including an understanding of revenue recognition, project loses, invoicing
- Exemplify professional behavior by exhibiting a mature, positive, and professional attitude towards interactions with colleagues and clients at all times
- Act as the internal team member, demonstrating ability to motivate and foster excellent teamwork and communications to achieve program goals
- Provide mentoring/training to develop skills of junior team members
- Consistently provide clear direction, accurate interpretation of client needs, program requirements, and strategic insight to team through daily interactions and regular team meetings
- Utilize internal resources (Scientific Services, Client Services, Creative, and Meetings) to ensure business is delivered effectively, on time, on budget, and in such a way that maximizes client service and profitability
Core Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, pharmaceutical or medical communications industry, possessing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to be able to act independently without detailed direction
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple project simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Advanced knowledge of the following software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet searches
- Account Manager (5 years of experience in promotional meded), HIV is a plus, but not required. This NYC based role requires strategy and organic growth capabilities. Must have live meetings and logistics experience with periodic travel to congresses and/or ad boards. Typically two nights every month. Client facing, as well as mentoring project and account coordinators. Some travel required.