- West Coast, U.S.
- $170K to $200K (commensurate with experience) plus bonus
We are looking for an UXDD who wants to be integral to the digital creative process and play a pivotal role in the strategy, conception and design of groundbreaking multi-context platforms as they apply to healthcare marketing and communications. We are looking for an individual who has experience understanding the behaviors and personas of customers and how to create connections to brands through intuitive interfaces and transformative brand experiences. The right candidate knows how to harness the diverse talents of our user experience and interaction design teams and lead them to produce consistent results across every surface, device, and engagement opportunity. The UXDD will participate in and provide creative leadership across all phases of our process, from strategic and conceptual development, through to final production and deployment.
The UXDD is responsible for aligning creative strategy across multiple channels, as well as setting the tone and maintaining executional quality and productivity of the team. This is accomplished by working with internal and external stakeholders to identify and understand marketing strategies, goals and branding opportunities for our clients. The right candidate will be able to work in close partnership with strategists, UX designers, copywriters, visual designers, frontend and backend developers, account executives, brand CDs, and (very importantly) our clients.
The UXDD should have creative and practical expertise in creating web sites, software applications, mobile/tablet UI and apps, interactive exhibit experiences, display advertising, as well as touch/voice/gesture-based interaction models. You can demonstrate successfully launched projects that employed strategic, conceptual and creative thinking. You bring with you a proven process to produce consistent results across the agency’s entire portfolio of clients. We expect a solid manager who can hold to high standards for quality and performance, with the ability to set a vision for the Agency’s creative product in partnership with the agency creative teams.
The UXDD is a manager, mentor, and advocate for their team as well as an approachable, collaborative resource to others within the agency.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, UCD/HCD, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for digital channels – you speak fluent tech as applied to the creative process
- A proven process for team organization, process implementation and management, and project execution
- The ability to collaborate and liaise closely with fellow creative and technology directors across all channels and disciplines to deliver the highest quality work and fresh thinking
- A proven track record of creative leadership and excellence in a experiential agency environment where goals were set and met
- The desire to tackle the challenges of healthcare marketing (healthcare experience or other regulated industries is desired)
- The ability to provide clear creative direction and timely and helpful feedback that improves the creative product and process (ultimately, delivering quality work on time and on budget)
- The ability to effectively assess priorities, manage time, triage, and delegate in a deadline driven environment without putting the client or agency at risk – —we need someone who can roll with it
- A thoughtful, articulate, and decisive leader with ability to build and inspire a team
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
- Strong understanding of primary user research and all aspects of experience conceptualizing through UX documentation (prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, user flows, use cases, user scenarios)
- Proven working relationship with technical and development teams
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities with agency and client audiences at all levels
- Design & oversight of digital eco-systems & interfaces, including mobile, website, environmental & tablet experiences
- Translation of brand concepts into experiential designs and platforms
- Incorporation of business strategy and target audience insights into designs and experiences
- Experience working in adaptive and responsive web design, rapid prototyping, and agile product development
- Creative and strategic partnership with brand marketers (clients)
- BA/BS degree required
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant experience in similar position is required
- Previous experience managing, inspiring, and leading teams
- Candidate can come from any regulated industry e.g. financial, insurance, hospital systems and/or pharma